Welcome to Make Lemon Aide® Foundation for CP's Game Changers Contest!
Do you know someone living with Cerebral Palsy? Are you interested in helping raise awareness for Cerebral Palsy?
We encourage you to share on your Facebook wall how YOU are going to be a game changer this year.
One Grand Prize Winner will receive a signed Sam Reinhart hockey stick. The winner will be announced on Facebook on February 14, 2016.
How to Enter:
Describe (through text posted on your Facebook profile) how you are going to be a game changer this year.
Only ONE distinct entry per person is permitted.
Official Rules for Make Lemon Aide® Foundation for CP's Game Changers Contest!
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Participation in the Contest is deemed acceptance of these “Official Rules” (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Contest.
1. Eligibility: Make Lemon Aide® Foundation for CP's Game Changers Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of entry, and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Employees of the Make Lemon Aide® Foundation for CP Foundation, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, prize suppliers and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Make Lemon Aide® Foundation for Cerebral Palsy, 12460 Crabapple Road, Suite 202-100, Alpharetta, GA 30004. Make Lemon Aide, Inc. is a Georgia nonprofit corporation organized in 2013 and is a 501(c)(3) Internal Revenue Code exempt organization. Every gift is tax deductible: EIN # 46-4033257. “Make Lemon Aide®” is a U.S. registered trademark of Make Lemon Aide, Inc.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. on February 1 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on February 16, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
During the Promotion Period, enter the Contest by submitting your information in the Contest tab on the Make Lemonaide Foundation Facebook page. Your will receive an additional entry if you also post on your Facebook page. Your entry in the Contest tab must answer the question: “How are you going to be a game changer this year?" (up to 300 words). Your Facebook post or entry will be referred to as your submission (“Submission”). By posting your Submission on Facebook, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit flash upload, a Post via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Submission must not contain discernible brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not infringe upon the copyright of images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hate or harm against any group or individual or discriminates based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may upload no more than one (1) Submission during the Contest Period. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display, such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, including for promotional or marketing purposes for two years from date of entry. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission for one year. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined by a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): creativity and originality, quality of submission and ability to convey how the individual is going to be a game changer and/or contribute to spreading the awareness about Cerebral Palsy.
Sponsor reserves the right to not a winner, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
7.Sponsor’s Rights to Submissions: By entering the Contest and submitting a Submission, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Facebook Rules, grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Submission (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest (ii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Submission (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever within the context of two years fair use. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to disqualify any Submission (or any component thereof) if a complaint is received with respect to the Submission, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Submission and/or the associated entrant.
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner:
Potential winners are limited to one win per natural person at the discretion of the Sponsor. Potential winners will be notified within three days of the contest end by email or direct message on Facebook, and will be asked to respond to provide their full name, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, mail, shipping and email addresses, which will remain private and for the sole use of communication between the Sponsor and the winner.
In order to receive an email from Sponsor, you must have Sponsor on your approved senders list so the email is not marked as Spam.
If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received as soon as reasonably possible. Such newly selected potential winner will be notified by email, and will be asked to provide the same information as requested above. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
9. Prizes: One (1) Contest Grand Prize winner, for the entry period above, will receive a signed jersey. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $250. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason. A winner is responsible for all taxes and fees on prizes and expenses, including, without limitation, federal, state and local sales, and income taxes, and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize.
10. General conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, the Contest Platforms, their parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, compensatory, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Privacy and Publicity: Any information collected from the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with the consent given by the entrants at the time of entry, and with these Official Rules.
Each entrant expressly agrees to the use of his/her personal information for such purpose. The following information will be collected from each entrant for the purpose of administering the Contest, and may also be used by Released Parties and their affiliates to contact the potential winners: entrant name, date of birth, mail and shipping address, telephone and email address. The Released Parties will not sell, share or otherwise disclose information collected in any manner with third parties, other than those parties necessary to fulfill the above purposes, unless entrant has given his prior express consent to receive additional information from the Released Parties or a third party.
13. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Georgia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, including its choice of laws provision.